Saturday, June 14, 2008

"World, hold on." -Bob Sinclair

Darling Journal,

My return was a necessary one. Necessary for the life force that managed to reside within me throughout the emotional drought. The tunnel seems insurmountably long and suffocating when you just want to reach the end. But of course, being retrospective seems to be the only route that will give me a logical conclusion or answer.
I am incredibly relieved to have completed my first semester at Berkeley. Next year I graduate and I'm not sure where the road leads after; to law school, to grad school, or to the Peace Corps? Or to something entirely different? And for the first time in a long time, the elusive knowledge of the future isn't something that concerns me overly. Being here in this particular moment is all that is necessary sometimes. The necessity of the now has struck me over the head. It is obvious. All of Eastern philosophy dictates this.

Really, I did know all along though.

xoxo.

No comments: